WDM activist conference 2012 – a free public activist conference for anyone with an interest in global justice issues.
1pm-6pm, Saturday 23 June
Venue: University of London Union, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HY
- Keynote speech and Q&A with Aditya Chakrabortty, economics lead writer at the Guardian.
- Multimedia talk on Chile’s revolt against neoliberalism with Roberto Navarrete.
- Debate on co-operatives, their role in tackling poverty and inequality, and as alternatives to corporate banks.
- Workshops on financial sector lobbying, tackling banks’ role in speculating on food prices and stopping the sell off of natural resources in the name of creating a ‘green economy’.
- Campaigning skills workshops.
Further details to be announced soon. Register to attend.
WDM members should be aware that WDM’s Annual General Meeting will take place in the same venue from 10.30am to 12pm (with registration and refreshments from 10am), this will be followed by a session consulting members on the direction of our campaigns from 12 to 12.45pm. A full agenda will be available nearer the time.